Thursday, February 28, 2013

Family trip - the Smith's


why are my wife, 2 daugthers and I going on this trip?  
I really enjoy meeting and serving fellow Christians in other parts of the world.  I want my daughters to see how great it is to serve others and be a part of a group with a focus to serve with a purpose. I also want my daughters to see how other Christians live, how they serve and there joy.  I want my daughters to learn the joy and satisfaction you receive by helping others without being paid or even being recognized.

what I am looking forward to? 
I am looking forward to spending time with my family and making memories that will bring a great perspective to fall back on when we come back to our opulent, pampered, self-centered culture in America and when we feel ourselves being sucked in to compete for more.

what can others be praying for us?  
Pray that my family would be sensitive to the Lord and His calling in their lives.  That they would embrace God's highest and best calling in their lives without fear and that we as parents would lead by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment